I am going to take a time out from posting pictures from our trip, and get the Birthday bash we had up!
We visited a galaxy far, far away this weekend! It is birthday season at our house, and we decided to combine parties for Wally and Will, and go all out with a Star Wars theme!
I found a printable party package on Etsy through HelloMySweet . I downloaded the invitation and all the graphics, and had them printed at Kinkos.
I ordered the cups for the carrots and dip, the plates, polka dot straws,and the napkins from ShopSweetLuLu. I found the forks from Sucre Shop, on Etsy. I don't remember where I bought the star backdrop. Even the few weeks since I bought it have been to much for my memory! I am sure they are available on a backdrop site.
All the kids got a treat bag with a Star Wars Pez, favor toys, and other treats.
I did learn it is best not to put a bag of treats in front of kids whose appetites are already limited because of party excitement! They dug right in, and didn't eat lunch very well.
We greeted the kids at the door with balloons and "Welcome Young Jedi" signs.
The food table was full of galactic goodies for lunch. Han Burgers, Darth Dogs, Yoda Soda, ( green soda found in the Mexican food isle at the grocery store) Obi-Wan Kabobs, Raider Taters, and Galaxy Cake (made by my awesome friends Jane who interpreted my vision beautifully). We also had Wookie Cookies which I frosted to look like a Storm Trooper, Darth Vader and R2D2. Because I was the decorator on the cookies, they were VERY abstract! My skills are not the finest!
I ordered these blow up light sabers online. We used them for a sword fight with Darth Vader later in the party.
I made our Death Star piñata by cutting a circle in a basketball pinata I found at Target. I tapped it back on upside down so that it was inverted, then sprayed the whole thing silver and drew details on with a permanent marker. Again, my art work is far less than perfect, and must be interpreted very loosely! He, he!
Georgia was the only girl so she got all the Princess Leia printables.
Simple center pieces. Rollos and star cut outs.
Walker was so funny! I knew that he and Georgia would only settle for being a full participant in the party. And he was right in there with all the big kid activities. Dressed as Yoda, of course!
The piñata had a very weak string attachment unfortunately, so it did not last to be hit by all the kids. They didn't mind once the candy was on the ground.
The kids were put into two teams, and each team had to make one member into a Storm Trooper using toilet paper. The first team to finish wrapping their Storm Trooper was the winner.
They looked a bit more like mummys than Storm Troopers.
The toilet paper ended up ALL over the house. When the parents came to pick their children up, they looked at me like I was a crazy person. I guess it looks pretty wild.
Darth Vader made an appearance, thanks to Del, who is a good sport! The kids were only too happy to hit him with their blow up light sabers.
Cake time!
We handed out the Jedi Training Certificates that came in the party package I downloaded. Walker found his very interesting, and sat and looked at the pictures intently.
Will ate all of his food with his Darth Vader costume gloves on.
The boys friends have very generous parents! They were very kind in their gift giving!
It was a good day for the boys. I realize that this is probably the last time I will be able to get away with a party like this for Wally. As he and his friends get older, I am going to have to incorporate more pre teen type activities to keep them engaged. I tried to make all the activities into challenges they would respond to, but as they get older, I will have to step up my game!
It was fun, and I am glad it is over! Yay!









3 comments:
It looks like it turned out awesome! I am sure there will be a mad rush to pin it! :) Love Del sporting the Darth costume!
It looks so fun Jess! Great Job! Those birthday boys look like they had fun! Love you all!
Oh, and I love the pictures of you trip!
Post a Comment