Saturday, March 14, 2009

Boys Pirate Birthday Party


{The invitation, message in a bottle}

We hoisted the sails today for a pirate party at our house for Wally and Will. It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun! Thank you to all who came, I could not believe how thoughtful and generous everyone was. I found the ideas that I used on a blog of a very cute and creative girl from Provo named Britnee, here, who threw a pirate party for her son and made all her amazing ideas and scrapbook designs available! But I must say, as happy as I was about how my party turned out, my knock-offs were not as good as the original. I was just grateful for a jumping off point! So, shiver me timbers, here are some pictures.

I was busy playing host, and mom, and photographer, and I am super embarrassed to say that my shots were awful! I was just grabbing my camera and shooting to try to catch anything in the melee, and the settings were off. But oh, well, it is the memory that counts right?




{The Food Table complete with: Peg Legs (carrot sticks,) Golden Nuggets (chicken nuggets,) Pirate's Fingers (pigs in a blanket,) Red Rubies (grapes and strawberries,) and Sea Bark (chips.)}

{A couple of pirates checking out the grub}

{The pirate's "booty-full" cupcake}

{The Treasure Hunt loot, they were so excited about this!}

{The treasure chest}

{The Pirate's Brew}

{Our pirate family}

{I think the most fun of the day was had playing with left over dry-ice after the party.}

10 comments:

Kathryn said...

So SO cute! You are so talented! Grant had a pirate birthday party last year and it was so much fun...not nearly as cute as that though, maybe I'll have to talk him into doing another one so I can have another shot at it! ;)

Matt and ShaRee said...

Wow! That looks like one fun party. I'm sure your boys will always remember that birtday party. The whole set up was so cute. You are very creative!

Maranda said...

That is so fun! I bet the boys loved that. A pirate party is such a great idea!

sweet nectar sara said...

wow, i was thinking about a pirate party for my oldest in a few months, but now i feel shamed that my ideas were... lacking.
but now, thanks to you (thanks to the other girl), i have better ideas to copy :)
you have such a cute family and, more importantly, you're kids seem loved and happy!!!

Kelly and Megan said...

What a fun party. Very creative! I loved all your food and the message in a bottle. I bet all the kids thought it was the coolest party ever!

Jen said...

Wow Jess, you know how to throw a party!

Mandy said...

WOW! Everything turned out AMAZING. And it does look like a lot of time. Way to be mom of the year. Happy Birthday Boys!!

Sharon and John said...

Okay, so do you higher out for party throwing?!?! That was quite possibly the cutest little boys party I've ever seen. Your little family is growing up so fast, they are so cute. It was good to hear from you on our blog the other day.

Kathy J said...

This looks like so much fun. We are still so sad that we had to miss. I'm sure the original was nowhere near yours. You're AMAZING!

Amanda said...

Such a cute idea!!! Look at you go Mom!